Colleton County Fire-Rescue
12/January/2022 - Structure Fire - "A" Shift
Incident # 22-00330 - At 22:50, Fire-Rescue was dispatched to a fire in a residence at 70 Blaine Court. On arrival Engine 18 found light smoke coming from a single wide mobile. The occupants advised they had returned home from shopping and found the residence filled with smoke. Firefighter-Paramedics found a plastic space heater had fallen off of the kitchen counter onto the stove and caught fire. The fire damaged the stove, hood and cabinets over the stove, but had burned itself out. Thick smoke had spread through the mobile home covering everything inside with black ash, however most personal items were salvageable. The occupants advised they thought the pet cat may have knocked the item over and the stove must have been accidentally left on. A canine was treated with oxygen and did not appear to have suffered any permanent effects. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Engine 18, Engine 26, Tender 4, Tender 18, Tender 26, Medic 18, Battalion 1, Car 112 and Car 114 responded. Battalion Chief Scott OQuinn served as Incident Commander.
BACK TO HOME