Colleton County Fire-Rescue


19/December/2021 - Structure Fire - "C" and "A" Shift

Incident # 21-09052 - A Cottageville family was displaced after a morning fire damaged their home. Fire-Rescue was alerted to the incident at 07:41 Sunday 19-December by a neighbor who saw smoking coming from the residence. Engine 9 arrived minutes later to find smoke coming from all the eaves of the single wide mobile home. The residence had an addition on the rear and the front of the building. As crews were entering the front door, fire began blowing out of two front windows. Crews encountered fire in the front rooms that extended into the rear addition. Firefighter-Paramedics quickly got control of the flames and contained it to two rooms, which received heavy fire damage. The remainder of the home suffered smoke and heat damage, but many personal items were saved. The family was able to safely exit the home before Firefighters arrived. Units were on the scene for two hours. The fire appears to have started from an overloaded power strip in the dining room which had a space heater connected. 

Engine 9, Engine 19, Tender 9, Tender 19, Tender 27, Tender 34, Medic 9, Medic 19, Battalion 1, Car 105, Car 112 and Car 118 responded. Battalion Chief Scott Feather served as Incident Commander. 

Photos by Harold Buzzell