Colleton County Fire-Rescue
19/August/2021 - Structure Fire - "A" Shift
Incident # 21-05956 - Firefighters saved a Green Pond home Thursday morning 19-August. At 03:31, 9-1-1 received a report of smoke in a home in the 2300 block of Springhill Road. The smoke woke the residents who were able to safely exit the structure. Firefighter-Paramedics arrived minutes later to find smoke coming from the eaves all around the doublewide mobile home. Crews deployed one 1-3/4 handline into the building through the front door. They found the fire in the cabinets under the kitchen sink, which had spread to the adjoining cabinets. Fire was also found in the ceiling above the refrigerator, possibly from the same electrical circuit supplying the stove. Crews quickly knocked down the flames and removed some of the burning materials to the outside of the home. The remainder of the home suffered from heat and smoke damage. It appeared the fire started in electrical wiring supplying the stove which ran under the sink. Most of the personal belongings were saved. Fire units were on the scene for two hours. The home had no working smoke detectors.
Engine 1, Engine 6, Tender 1, Tender 2, Tender 6, Tender 27, Medic 1, Medic 6, Battalion 1, Car 112 and Car 118 responded. Captain Jack Wimberly served as Incident Commander.
BACK TO HOME