Colleton County Fire-Rescue
17/January/2016 – Kitchen Fire – “A” Shift
Incident # 16-00322 – A grease fire on the stove cause minor damage to a kitchen and filled the home with smoke Sunday evening 17-Janaury. The fire occurred at 451 Griffin Street in the Town of Williams. At 22:28, 9-1-1 was notified of the fire in the kitchen of the home. A Sheriff’s Deputy arrived minutes later and attempted to extinguish the blaze. He advised the fire was increasing and running up a wall. Engine 18 arrived to find light smoke coming from the doublewide mobile home. Crews used an ABC extinguisher to douse the flames. The family was able to exit the structure without difficulty and no one was injured. Firefighters removed the damaged stove from the house and used a PPV fan to remove the smoke. There was no extension into the walls.
Engine 7, Engine 18, Engine 23, Tender 18, Tender 23, Medic 26, Battalion 1 and Car 12 responded. Captain Michael Banks served as Incident Commander.
BACK TO HOME