Colleton County Fire-Rescue

11/13/2013

13/November/2013 Structure Fire A Shift

Incident # 13-06184 A fire on the stove, spread outside the residence at 1802 Sidneys Road Wednesday afternoon 13-November at 12:22. The occupant had been cooking when the food burned setting fire to the cabinets and stove. The flames exited the home through the vent over the stove and caused damage to the exterior of the building. The occupant extinguished the fire using flour. Engine 19 arrived a short time later to find light smoke coming from the singlewide mobile home. Firefighters deployed one 1-3/4 handline to the building. Crews used a Thermal Imaging Camera to check the interior and exterior of the building for extension. Some siding was removed to check the walls. A PPV fan forced smoke from the home. There were no injuries in the incident. The home suffered moderate damage.

Engine 19, Engine 26, Tender 1, Tender 19, Tender 26, Tender 27, Medic 19, Battalion 1 and Car 118 responded. Firefighter-EMT Brian Bishop served as Incident Commander.

 
   
   
   

BACK TO HOME