Colleton County Fire-Rescue

12/02/2012

02/December/2012 Burn Patient w/air evacuation C Shift 

Incident # 12-06546 A 59 year old man received severe burns after his clothing caught fire in his Williams home, Sunday evening 02-December. Fire-Rescue was notified of the incident at 21:10. Medic 18 responded to 14 Line Street in the Town of Williams to find the shirtless man with second and third degree burns covering approximately 18% of the back of his body. The man advised his clothing caught on fire as he was standing next to a gas space heater. He was able to extinguish the garments and call for help. Firefighter-Paramedics treated the man at the scene, including pain management. He was transported to a field on George Warren Drive to meet with Lifenet 3. The helicopter flew the man directly to the Still Burn Unit in Augusta Georgia. The home suffered only minor damage.

Engine 16, Medic 18 and Battalion 1 responded. Battalion Chief Dan Barb served as Incident Commander.

BACK TO HOME