Colleton County Fire-Rescue

12/09/2011

12/09/2011 Structure Fire C Shift

Incident # 11-06465 A mattress fire cause damage to a home at 113 Grayson Street, Friday morning 9-December at 02:12. Engine 1 arrived to find light smoke coming from the single story dwelling. All occupants had safely evacuated the building. The occupants used a garden hose through the window to keep the fire in the room. Firefighters advanced one 1-3/4 handline to the rear bedroom and extinguished the bed. The fire was confined to the room of origin and destroyed the bed, some furniture and clothing. A PPV fan was used to force smoke from the home. It appeared the fire originated from cigarettes. No one was injured. Firefighters remained on the scene for about an hour.

Engine 1, Engine 24, Tender 1, Tender 19, Tender 26, Tender 27, Medic 1, Battalion 1 and Car 12 responded. Battalion Chief Dan Barb served as Incident Commander.

BACK TO HOME