Colleton County Fire-Rescue

7/3/2011

07/03/2011 Structure Fire A Shift 

Incident # 11-3666 An electrical problem is suspected of causing a fire that heavily damaged a Brittlebank Road home Sunday evening 3-July. At 21:15, firefighters responded to 609 Brittlebank Road to find a singlewide mobile home with heavy smoke coming the building and fire venting from a window at the rear of the structure. Firefighters made an aggressive attack on the fire, entering through the front door with an 1-3/4 handline. They quickly knocked down the fire in the rear bedroom and bathroom. The fire had also burned through the floor and was burning under the mobile home. Interior crews contained the fire to the end of the mobile home, while another crew using a second 1-3/4 handline removed the underpinning to extinguish the fire beneath the structure. The room of origin suffered heavy damage, with the entire residence suffering  smoke damage. No one was home when the fire occurred. Crews were on the scene for 1-1/2 hours. The cause appeared to be in the area of a fan in the bathroom.

Engine 19, Engine 24, Tender 1, Tender 12, Tender 19, Tender 27, Medic 19, Battalion 1, Car 12 and Car 118 responded. Firefighter-Paramedic Brian Rowe served as Incident Commander.