Colleton County Fire-Rescue


Stations 1, 19 and 26 responded to a structure fire at 97 Otis Road at 1606 Monday afternoon 4-January. The fire which originated on the stove, burned the kitchen cabinets and then extended to the attic. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire in the kitchen, but then discovered heavy fire conditions in the attic above the kitchen. Crews worked with an 1-3/4 handline to knock down the flames while additional firefighters ventilated the roof. The vent hole provided access for personnel to extinguish the remaining fire and remove the burning items from the attic. Most damage was confined to the kitchen and attic with very little smoke or heat damage in the living area. Firefighters were on the scene for 1-1/2 hours.

Engine 1, Engine 19, Tender 1, Tender 19, Tender 26, Medic 19, Battalion 1, Rescue 1 and Truck 11 responded. Asst. Chief David Greene served as Incident Commander.