Colleton County Fire-Rescue

Stations

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FIRE-RESCUE HEADQUARTERS

Fire-Rescue Headquarters is located at 113 Mable T. Willis Blvd.  The state of the art facility is located on approximately seventeen acres.  The land and facility are shared with the county public works department and the county fleet maintenance department.  The facility features on site refueling, seven apparatus service bays, a 1500 square foot storage room, a pressure washing station for apparatus and other heavy equipment, a small lunchroom, a central receiving and storage area, and a covered pump testing pit.

 Fire-Rescue Headquarters is home to Battalion 1 (on-duty Battalion Chief), Car 12 (Fire-Rescue Chief), Car 105 (Deputy Chief), Car 107 (Assistant Chief), Car 111 (Fire Marshal), Car 110 (Fire Marshal), Truck 116 (Logistics).

STATION 1 - South Walterboro

229 Mable T. Willis Blvd Ė Built in 2004, Station 1 is a six bay facility located adjacent to headquarters. This is Fire-Rescue second busiest station. It houses Engine 1 (2000 gpm pumper), Tender 1 (3000 gallon tender), Rescue 1 (Heavy Rescue), Medic 1 (ALS Ambulance), Medic 108 (ALS Backup Ambulance), and the Mass Causality Trailer.

Station 1 is first in to a largely rural residential area; however, is also responsible for commercial property adjacent to Interstate 95 and nine miles of Interstate 95. Station 1ís Heavy Rescue is responsible for serving the entire mainland (excluding Edisto Island).

STATION 2 - Jacksonboro

150 Clinic Drive - Station 2 is a four bay facility located in the rural community of Jacksonboro. Station 2 houses Engine 2 (1500 gpm pumper), Tender 2 (3000 gallon tender) and Brush 2 (Brush Truck), Jacksonboro, served as the county seat from 1799 to 1822.  While Charleston was under siege during the American Revolution, Jacksonboro, was named the provisional capital of South Carolina. 

Station 2 serves a primarily rural residential area, with a few commercial properties and approximately seven miles of ACE Basin Parkway (U.S. Hwy 17). The stationís first in response area borders Charleston County to the east.  The station also covers approximately 6 miles of CSX railroad and a large portion the popular Edisto River.

STATION 3 - Lodge

8667 Lodge Highway - Station 3 is a three bay facility which was constructed in 1993 located in the Town of Lodge. The station replaced an aging structure one block south of the current building. It houses Engine 3 (1250 gpm pumper) and Tender 3 (3000 gallon tender). The stationís first in response area borders Bamberg County to the west.  The station covers a primarily rural residential area with a few small businesses, churches and agricultural operations.

 

 

STATION 4 - Hudson Mill

2425 Azalea Patch Road - Station 4 was built in 1992 and is a three bay facility located in the community of Hudson Mill at Five Points. Station 4 houses Engine 4 (1500 gpm pumper) and Tender 4 (3000 gallon tender). The station covers a primarily rural residential area with some agricultural properties.

STATION 5 - Canadys

13871 Augusta Hwy - Station 5 is a two bay facility located in the community of Canadys. The former Canadys Volunteer Fire Dept moved into the building in the 1970s. The building was renovated in 1992 when the current truck bays were added. Station 5 houses Engine 5 (2000 gpm pumper), and Tender 5 (3000 gallon tender). The stationís first in response area is primarily rural residential but the station also covers several commercial properties near I-95 and six miles of Interstate 95. The stationís response area borders Dorchester County to the north.

 

STATION 6 - Green Pond

503 Fire Station Road - Station 6 is seven bay facility located in the community of Green Pond in southern Colleton County. It was once a country store when US Hwy 17 ran in front of the building. It has been remolded several times as apparatus was added. Station 6 houses Engine 6 (1500 gpm pumper), Tender 6 (3000 gallon tanker), Ladder 6 (95' Quint), Medic 6 (ALS ambulance) and Brush 6 (brush truck).

The stationís first in response is a primarily rural residential area but the station also covers several commercial properties, several large plantations, two large commercial properties, ten miles of ACE Basin Parkway (U.S. Hwy 17), seven miles of CSX railroad, and the Ashepoo and Combahee Rivers.  The stationís response area also borders Beaufort County to the south.  The station is responsible for serving the single largest geographical area in the county.

 

STATION 7 - Smoaks

27250 Lowcountry Hwy - Station 7 is a three bay facility located in the town of Smoaks. The building was constructed in 2004 to replace the Townís small Fire Station which was built in 1972. It houses Engine 7 (1500 gpm pumper), Tender 7 (3000 gallon tender) and Squad 7 (service truck). The stationís first in response area is a primarily rural residential but the station also covers several commercial and agricultural properties.  The stationís response area also borders Bamberg and Orangeburg Counties to the west and north.

 

STATION 8 - Hendersonville

3551 Black Creek Road - Station 8 was constructed in 1998 and is a three bay facility located in the community of Hendersonville in southern Colleton County. The new building replaced a much smaller facility located about 1-1/2 miles south. It houses Engine 8 (1250 gpm pumper), Tender 8 (3000 gallon tanker) and Brush 8 (Brush Truck) The stationís first in response area is a primarily rural residential but the station also covers several large assembly properties such as a large elementary school and several large churches.

 

STATION 9 - Cottageville

199 Rehoboth Road - Station 9 was built in 1997, replacing a small block building in the middle of Town. It is a six bay facility located in the town of Cottageville. It houses Engine 9 (1500 gpm pumper), Engine 902 (1250 gpm Pumper), Tender 9 (3000 gallon tanker), Medic 9 (ALS Ambulance) and Squad 9 (service truck). The stationís first in response area is primarily rural residential area but the station also covers the Cottageville Business District, several large assembly properties such two elementary schools and several large churches. The stationís response area borders Dorchester County to the East.

STATION 10 Ė East Islandton

1985 Adnah Church Road - Station 10 is a one bay facility located on property surrounded by Rahn Farms near the Islandton Community. It houses Engine 10 (1250 gpm pumper). The building was originally placed at Rahn Farms when the business was in operation, due to the large number of volunteer firefighters employed there. The stationís first in response area is a rural residential and agricultural.

 

 

STATION 11 - Maple Cane

Station 11 is currently not operational (January 2015). It was closed when the lease on the property expired. Land has been acquired in the 26000 block of Augusta Hwy near Huckleberry Hill for the construction of a new station. Station 11ís apparatus is currently being operated from other stations. The stationís first in response area is primarily rural residential and borders Dorchester County to the north and east.

 

STATION 12 - Neyles

8348 Charleston Hwy. - Station 12 is a two bay facility located in the community of Neyles. It was built in 1992 and houses Engine 12 (1250 gpm pumper), and Tender 12 (3000 gallon tender). The stationís first in response area is a rural residential.

 

STATION 13 - Jonesville

1477 Lowcountry Hwy. - Station 13 is a three bay facility located in the community of Jonesville in southern Colleton County. This facility was built in 2013 to replace a much smaller building about a mile away. It houses Engine 13 (1500 gpm pumper), Tender 13 (3000 gallon tanker) and Medic 13 (ALS ambulance). The stationís first in response area is rural residential and the station covers 7 miles of Interstate 95. The stationís response area borders Hampton County to the south.

 

STATION 14 - Town of Edisto Beach Fire Department

2414 Murrary Street Ė Station 14 is a three bay facility operated by the Town of Edisto Beach. They provide services to the unincorporated portion of Edisto Island through a contract with Colleton County Council. It houses Engine 14, Ladder 14 and Squad 14.

 

 

STATION 15 - Islandton

547 Ashton Road - Station 15 is a two bay facility located in the community of Islandton, that was constructed in 1981. It houses Engine 15 (1250 gpm pumper), Tender 15 (3000 gallon tender), and Brush 15 (brush truck). The stationís first in response area is a primarily rural residential area with a few small businesses, churches and agricultural operations.  The stationís response area borders Hampton County to the west.

 

STATION 16 - Williams

245 Joel Padgett Drive - Station 16 is a one bay facility located in the town of Williams. It was originally constructed in 1962 by the Town. It houses Engine 16 (1250 gpm pumper). This station's first in response area is a rural residential and covers a large lumber mill.

STATION 17 - Springtown

6800 Sunrise Road Ė Constructed in 1988, Station 17 is a two bay facility located in the community of Springtown. It houses Engine 17 (1250 gpm pumper) and Tender 17 (3000 gallon tender). The stationís first in response area is primarily rural residential and borders Orangeburg and Bamberg Counties to the west, as well as Dorchester County to the north.

 

STATION 18 - Bells

12232 Bells Hwy. - Station 18 is a four bay facility located in the Bells Community and was built in 1997. It houses Engine 18 (1500 gpm pumper), Tender 18 (3000 gallon tender), Rescue 18 (Heavy Rescue) and Medic 18 (ALS Ambulance). The stationís first in response area is a primarily rural residential but includes many churches, two schools, several small businesses, and agricultural properties.

 

STATION 19 - North Walterboro

1118 Thunderbolt Drive Ė Station 19 is an eight bay facility located on five acres in the Colleton Airport Industrial Park. It is the busiest fire house in the county and constructed in 2004. Station 19 is used as the County Fire-Rescue training site. It houses Engine 19 (2000 gpm pumper), Tender 19 (3000 gallon tender), Medic 19 (ALS Ambulance), Haz Mat 19 (Hazardous Materials Response), Ladder 19 (95í Quint), ARFF 19 (Aircraft Crash Truck), Medic 104 (Reserve ALS ambulance), Car 117 Training Van, Car 118 (Fire Training Battalion Chief), and Car 119 (Medical Training/CMO Battalion Chief). The stationís first in response area is heavy industrial with heavily populated urban and rural residential, and several large public and private schools and two nursing homes.

STATION 20 - Edisto Island

85 Station Court - Station 20 was built in 1997 and is a three bay facility located in the unincorporated portion of Colleton County on Edisto Island. Station 20 houses Edisto Beach Engine 20 (1250 gpm pumper), Tender 20 (1500 gallon tanker), and Medic 20 (ALS ambulance). The stationís first in response area is primarily ocean side residential with very large homes and a few businesses. The Town of Edisto Beach provides fire suppression for the entire Colleton County portion of Edisto Island through a contract with the County Council. Fire-Rescue provides Medic 20 for Emergency Medical care and transportation.

 

STATION 21 - Bennetts Point

15583 Bennetts Point Road - Station 21 is located in the Bennetts Point Community at the southernmost tip of Colleton Countyís mainland. Isolated from the rest of the County by a single 15 mile road, the area presents many challenges for emergency services. This two bay building was constructed in 1998 and houses Engine 21 (1250 GPM Pumper) and Tender 21 (4000 gallon Tender). The community is made up of mostly residential structures in a very rural setting along the Ashepoo River just north of Saint Helenaís sound and the Atlantic Ocean. It is still an active shrimping port and home to B&B Seafood and a Department of Natural Resources Research Center. The quiet surroundings and pristine natural wildlife habitats make for beautiful scenery, while recreational boating and fishing are popular pastimes.

STATION 22 - Ritter

3547 Possum Corner Road Ė Built in 1997, Station 22 is located in the community of Ritter. It is a three bay facility and houses Engine 22 (1250 gpm pumper) and Tender 22 (3000 gallon tender) and Tender 2203 (1500 gallon tender). The stationís first in response area is primarily rural residential with several churches and one industrial property.

 

 

STATION 23 - Ashton

8454 Ashton Road - Station 23 was constructed in 1998 and is a four bay facility located in the community of Ashton in western Colleton County. It houses Engine 23 (1250 gpm pumper), Tender 23 (3000 gallon tanker), Squad 23 (service truck) and Brush 23 (brush truck). Station 23ís first in response area is primarily rural residential with several agricultural properties and several large plantations. The response area is bordered by Hampton County to the south and Bamberg County to the north.

 

STATION 24 - East Walterboro

111 Foxfield Road - Station 24 is a three bay facility that was built in 2004. It is located in the Foxfield Subdivision east of Walterboro. Station 24 houses Engine 24 (1500 gpm pumper), Tender 24 (3000 gallon tanker) and Brush 24 (brush truck). The stationís first in response area is primarily urban and rural residential with several commercial properties and churches.

 

STATION 25 - White Hall

1558 White Hall Road - Station 25 is a three bay facility located in the White Hall Community in southern Colleton County. It was built in 2004. It houses Engine 25 (1250 gpm pumper), and Tender 25 (3000 gallon tender). The stationís first in response area is primarily rural residential area with several large plantations. 

 

STATION 26 -West Walterboro

2970 Mount Carmel Road - Station 26 was constructed in 2004 and is a three bay facility located west of Walterboro. It houses Engine 26 (2000 gpm pumper), Tender 26 (3000 gallon tender) and Medic 26 (ALS ambulance). The stationís first in response area is primarily rural residential area but Station 23 also covers businesses adjacent to the Interstate as well as 11 miles of Interstate 95.

 

 

STATION 27 - Downtown Walterboro

421 Hampton Street - Station 27 is a seven bay facility located in downtown Walterboro. Originally numbered as Station 1, it was home to the first rural fire department in Colleton County which was organized in 1968. The current building was constructed in 1988, replacing a much smaller building that sat on the same property. Station 27 was renumbered in 2004, when four new stations (1, 19, 24 and 26) were constructed to cover its fast growing response area. It was planned for the County EMS Department to utilize the building, however Fire-Rescue was assigned the EMS duties that same year, resulting in the station being renumbered to Station 27. It now houses Engine 27, Tender 27 (3000 gallon tanker), Medic 102 (reserve ambulance) and Medic 106 (reserve ambulance) and a foam trailer.

STATION 28 - Ashepoo Plantation

9012 Bennetts Point Road Ė Constructed in 2008, Station 28 is a three bay facility located in the Heart of the ACE Basin on Ashepoo Plantation near Brickyard Landing along the Ashepoo River. The beautiful setting in a national wildlife preserve with pristine habitats is one of beautiful areas of Colleton County. The site was donated by the Donnelly Family along a 15 mile road that provides access to Bennetts Point. It houses Engine 28 (1250 gpm), Engine 401 (1000 gpm /reserve engine) and Tender 28 (4000 gallon Tender). The stationís first due area consists of several large plantations and provides support to the Bennetts Point Community six miles to the south.

STATION 29 - Cane Branch

8737 Cane Branch Road - Station 29 is a two bay facility which was built in 2005. It is located in the Cane Branch area near Lowcountry Hwy (US Hwy 21). It houses Engine 29 (1250 gpm pumper) and Tender 29 (3000 gallon tanker). The stationís first in area includes rural residential communities, several plantations and agricultural operations.

 

STATION 30 - Bonnie Doone

217 Crumley Road - Station 30 was constructed in 2005 and is a two bay facility located in the Bonnie Doone area north of the Boonie Doone Plantation. It houses Engine 30 (1250 gpm pumper) and Tender 30 (2500 gallon tanker). The stationís first in area includes small residential communities that border Chessey Creek and the large residential property of Bonnie Doone Plantation.

 

 

STATION 31 - Breland Hill

15505 Lowcountry Hwy - Station 31 is a two bay facility built in 2009. It is owned and located at Breland Hill Farms on Lowcountry Hwy (U.S. Hwy 21). It houses Engine 31 (1250 gpm pumper) and Brush 31 (250 gpm E-One mini-pumper). The station's first in area includes several rural residential communities and a large farming operation.

STATION 32 - Sidneys

15238 Round O Road - Station 32 is located in the Sidneys Community. This three bay station was built in 2013 and houses Engine 32 (1250 gpm pumper) and Tender 32 (3000 gallon Tender). The stationís primary response area is rural residential with a few farming operations and churches.

STATION 33 Ė I-95 Technology Industrial Park

153 Risher Mountain Road - Station 33 was purchased in 2014. It is located at the McLeod Interchange across from the Technology Industrial Park at I-95 and McLeod Road. It is a one bay facility that houses Engine 33 (1250 gpm pumper). The eight acre site will eventually be home to Fire-Rescueís Training Academy. The stationís primary response area is rural residential, an Industrial Park and Interstate 95.

STATION 34 Ė North Cottageville

3142 Peirce Road Ė Opened in January 2015, Station 34 is located north of the Town of Cottageville near the Red Oak Community. It is a two bay facility that houses Engine 34 (1250 GPM pumper) and Tender 34 (3000 gallon tender). The stationís primary response area is rural residential.

STATION 35 - Ions Crossroads

5278 Round O Road - Station 35 is a two bay facility located at Ions Crossroads, south of Cottageville. It was constructed in 2013 and houses Engine 35 (1250 GPM pumper), and Tender 35 (3000 gallon tender). The stationís first in response area is primarily rural residential, agricultural, a few churches and a 35,000 acre tree farm.

STATION 36 - Grubers Crossroads

19576 Augusta Hwy. - Station 36 was built in 2013. It is a three bay facility located in the Grubers Community at the intersection of Augusta Highway and Sidneys Road. It houses Engine 36 (1250 GPM pumper), and Tender 36 (3000 gallon tender). The stationís first in response area is primarily rural residential and agricultural, with a few churches. The station also covers a portion of the beautiful Edisto River and Creeltown, a historic American Indian community. It is bordered on the north by Dorchester County.

BACK TO HOME