Colleton County Fire-Rescue


12/April/2017 Structure Fire B Shift

Incident # 17-2483 A fire on the stove damaged the kitchen of a home located at 919 Silkhope Lane Wednesday 12-April. At 15:58, Fire-Rescue was notified of the fire in the residence. First arriving units found light smoke coming from the doublewide mobile home. The occupants had been cooking when the fire occurred and the flames spread to the cabinets above the stove. A 15 year old male extinguished the fire with a garden hose. Firefighters removed the cabinets and used thermal imagers to insure there was no extension. The teenager suffered minor burns to his arms and head, but did not require ambulance transportation to the ED. Units were on the scene for approximately 45 minutes.

Engine 7, Engine 18, Tender 5, Tender 7, Tender 18, Medic 18 and Battalion 1 responded. Firefighter-EMT Jeff Laney served as Incident Commander.

Photos by Harold Buzzell